If you would like to get more hands-on we offer this day class at our farm. Choose the specifics you want to practice on. The test to see if you have enough knowledge and experience is, can you apply it? Here you have an opportunity to get that extra hands-on for the area(s) that you have uncertainties with. (We recommend buying one day at a time.)
NOTE: This class requires a minimum of 4 students to be scheduled and is only available to students & graduates. Ensure you contact us to arrange and schedule it before buying.
- Site assessment - walk through a site assessment, slope, soil, and more
- Soil building - composting, vermi-composting, sheet mulch, hugelkultur, cover crops and more
- Water catchment - in soil, earthworks, ponds, and rain catchment tanks
- Food forests and food systems - How, when and what to plant
- Propagation, wild foods and medicine, and mushrooms
- Built environment and energy systems - passive heating and cooling, solar, rocket stoves, and more
- Community building - exercises to build community
Camping space with facilities available, food can be organized for an extra fee. Please ensure to coordinate with us well in advance.